For some of us, a challenge is enough to get us moving. But, for others, it takes a little impetus to get us moving!
Tips to Enhance Your Bible Reading
- Keep a notebook of the general themes of each chapter you read. Then write a 1 to 2 sentence summary for each book.
- Record important people and themes that you would like to go back and study in more detail. Include a reference to the book, chapter, and verse(s) so that you have a starting point for your study.
- Write your questions down as you read on a loose piece of paper that you keep in your Bible. Then watch for the answers as you read further and record the answer next to the question. You will be amazed at how many questions God answers as you continue in your reading!
- Don’t get hung up on understanding every detail you read. Trust that God will reveal to you what you need to know at this point in your faith.
- Commit to recommit! It’s human nature to miss a day or two of reading your Bible. Unfortunately though, a day often turns into a week, a week into a month, and a month into a year. Don’t beat yourself down if you miss a day. Instead, commit to resume your study the next day.
We pray that God will deepen your faith as you go deeper into His Word! Visit other parts of our website to learn more about hearing God speak through the Bible.