Looking back at the cross we see. . .pain, agony, ridicule. . . the pain, the embarrassment, the ridicule that it caused those that Jesus loved – His mother, His best friends. No on understood. To think that God allowed them to beat His Son to a pulp, allowed them to hammer spikes into His body. Jesus could have gotten down, but He didn’t. He didn’t deserve what He received – He was innocent.
Living my life with the cross ever before me…
- I would not be afraid of looking like a fool for You, when You were willing to hang naked before the world.
- I would not think twice about the sacrifices You ask me to make, because You were willing to give Your life for me.
- I would not spend needless time, on my own selfish desires, because there is a world all around me that is perishing–the world that You gave Your life for.
- I would not waste time on the temporal, the unimportant. Rather, I would invest in people, my family, my friends, and those who are hungry to know You.
- I would not worry about speaking the Truth, for You died for the Truth.
- I would not demand my own agenda, for You left the confines of Heaven and gave up all to follow Your Father’s agenda.
- I would do what You did, preach the Good News, heal the sick, comfort the brokenhearted, proclaim the Good News, not pass judgment.
- I would mingle with the “sinners,” for that is who You mingled with.
- I would never again look at anyone, as anything but lost and loved by You.
- I would never think negatively of myself, because I am loved by the King.
- I would not question Your will, but submit to it as You did.
- I would follow You no matter the costs.
- I would live for a audience of one, You!
A Prayer to Pray:
Father, forgive me for taking the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, the cross, for granted. Forgive me for blatantly sinning, not comprehending that that is what put You there. Oh Lord, forgive me for not living my life with the cost before me. If I did, my life would be so different. Show me clearly what it cost You, so that I will never consider anything You ask me to do as too costly!