How can anyone live a life that is worthy of God? If God is perfect, does He expect perfection from us? No. Our sins don’t surprise God. After all He sent His Son to die for our sins. If anything, the one sure thing that God could expect from us is failure! So if He doesn’t expect perfection, what does God desire from us?
He desires. . .
- Repentance rather than rejection
- Love rather than lip-service
- Our worship rather than works
- Obedience rather than offering
- Living a public faith rather than a private faith
- Time with us rather than testimonies from us
- Our pursuit of holiness rather than giving us a perfect life
- Us to know Him rather than to know about Him
- A relationship with Him rather than a religion.